Sunday, November 23, 2014

Christmas Tree Terrarium

Hey guys!  Today I share with you the  first project in my Christmas Craft Series, my Christmas Terrariums.  These are super easy to make and you are going to want one!
Christmas Forest
This is a simple and easy craft that takes little time, you just need a few supplies. 
Ingredients

You will need a jar of course, small trees, moss, fake snow, and other Christmas figurines if you wish.  You can find all of these at your local craft store.  Be sure to grab your hot glue gun too.
Hot Glue Trees
The first step is to grab a hot glue gun and add a dot of glue to the bottom of the trees to secure them in the jar, this will keep them from moving around.  Then you simply layer in your moss and add fake snow. 
Christmas Forest Terrarium
Tip:  If you use a tall jar with a narrow opening like my Ball jar below you will need large tongs to layer the moss.  These large tong look like huge tweezers and they are actually sold at pet stores. The original use for these tongs are for pets, lizards, frogs, snakes…eek! They are used for feeding.  I bought some years ago and if you make a lot of terrariums they are very useful. 
Ball Jar Terrarium
I love the way these combine the bright green moss with the evergreen tree.  Once I pulled my supplies out, this project took less than 10 minutes to make.  I may just keep these out all winter because they are so stinking cute!
Christmas Forest Terrarium
What do you think??  Have you been busy crafting for Christmas?
Thanks for stopping by to see the first craft in the Christmas Crafting Series, come back Friday to see my Cotton Christmas Wreaths.
Christmas Terrariums
April

No comments:

Post a Comment